Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Starkers

With the latest paintings finished and delivered to my publishers our attention has turned to other things recently, primarily moving the studio and reorganising our working environment for the better. It's easy to let everything get a bit cluttered, especially when working in it everyday so it's time for a clear out. Out has gone old brushes, bits of cardboard, loose rolls of wire (why did I have that?) and assorted other oddments that have found their way into all the wrong places. I even found a comb. Now that's weird because the last time I used a comb was probably the last time I had hair, somewhere around the age of nine if I remember and even then it was a comb over. I do believe I also owned an Afro comb at one point too but I can't for the life of me think when I had an Afro. Or enough hair for that matter.

Now where was I going with all this, ah, yes, this weekend Saturday 21st is our last gallery appearance at Castle Galleries, Mermaid Quay, Cardiff Bay between 1-4pm so if you're nearby pop in for a chat only this time there will not be three naked men in the toilet (I checked, the last time I was there an Iron Man event was taking place and I was unfortunate enough to walk in on three naked men vigorously towelling themselves down all with one leg up on the wash basin, they even said 'hello boyo' forcing me to look. Awkward) AND I will not shout though the toilet walls like last time (I honestly thought it was Jayne and not the unfortunate individual in the next cubicle. Awkward.) With that image burned on my retina I'm sure there's a painting in there somewhere.

Then again, maybe not.

Urg.

No comments: