Monday, June 09, 2014

TRAVEL-TRON

Yay! The first batch of Impossimals are complete so I can return to writing the silly blog entries on a daily basis. Let's kick it off with something useful...

I am Travel-Tron, your handy app to help you on your world travels in our International multicultural world. I detect that you are in England and I have adjusted my common phrases to help you. Please find my helpful suggestions to situations you may find in the countries you will visit.

Spain

'Vine aquí para una cerveza y una pelea y me he quedado sin cervezas'

I came here for a beer and a fight and I'm all out of beers.

'Disculpe señor, hay un toro en mi habitación con un sombrero de pequeña'

Excuse me sir, there is a bull in my room wearing a small hat.

'La última cosa que recuerdo es cantar como Doris Day y correr desnudo por el vestíbulo, ¿podría decirme cómo llegar al baño más cercano como me temo que puedo lanzar'

The last thing I remember is singing like Doris Day and running naked through the foyer, could you please direct me to the nearest toilet as I fear I may hurl

I detect you are about to embark to Brazil for the World Cup, here are some useful Portuguese phrases, it may be useful to copy them out on small cards to hold up as you will have difficulty saying them with your northern accent.

Brazil

Me gustaría informar que he perdido mi peine durante los disparos, gritos y sirenas afuera de mi puerta anoche antes de ser degradado por varios hombres enmascarados que me ataban a la cama y saquearon mi equipaje. He tenido ese hombre peine y el niño, si alguien se lo da en por favor me informen inmediatamente.

I would like to report I have lost my comb during the gunfire, screams and sirens outside my door last night before it was broken down by several masked men who tied me to the bed and ransacked my luggage. I have had that comb man and boy, if anybody hands it in please inform me immediately.

¿Sabes Copacabana de Barry Manilow, oigo su una melodía pegadiza.

Do you know Copacabana by Barry Manilow, I hear its a catchy tune.

Haga el favor de liberar mis bolas, que escuece.

Will you please release my balls, it smarts.

Usted es un hombre!

You are a man!

According to your Facebook posts we have automatically linked to this app we see you are about to go to Skegness, here's some traditional translations for you to try on the locals.

Skegness

Alrate yoof, note rammel in skeggy

Are you alright young man? There's nothing rubbish in Skegness.

Avin a piddle up jitty

Relieving oneself in a small alleyway

Other words you may find useful

Snap - food, lunch, Blubber - to cry or weep, Mash - to brew as in 'mash a cup of tea'. Not to be tried south of Birmingham as you will end up with a mug full of potato.

Usefull terms to remember when visiting Willy Wonka's factory.

A Tummyscrummy

A delightful piece of confection that makes your stomach sing

The Wangfoodle Room

A place where Foodle is created by several Wangs who knit Foodle from candy floss and liquorice laces.

Tastetinglingtonguetiedstrawberrychocbomb

Wonka's latest invention the Tastetinglingtonguetiedstrawberrychocbomb, a sugar coated almond sized sweet that tastes of strawberry which then melts away to an ice cream coating still frozen before the heat of your tongue activates the chocolate center which then explodes coating the inside of your mouth with some of the most fantastic chocolate you have ever tasted.

Thankyou for using Travel-Tron, further country translation packs are available at 0.69p each. Just added Sweary Mary for four letter fun in any language, buy two and get Slur Translator absolutely free, decipher any language no matter how drunk they are.

 

No comments: