Saturday, March 02, 2013

Delightful

Not normally the type of thing I receive through the post but I knew exactly what it was, artwork and sculpture from a new and first time collector Harriette aged ten.

Harriette visited The Acorn Gallery in Pocklington and fell in love with 'Thumpers In Jumpers' my Impossimal version of our very own thumpers Aaran, Jura and Iona. Harriet's spent the weekend talking about it, drawing and making models of Impossimals until she finally asked her Mum and Dad if she could buy it with her own personal savings.

I learnt all this from the gallery who emailed me straight after Harriettes purchase, a delightful heart warming tale and I'm proud to have Harriette's sculpture and artwork in my studio. If you are reading this Harriette 'Love In The Clouds' is fab and your Impossimal sculpture has taken it's place next to Lubba and Lucinda, two of my first Impossimal sculptures from 2005. Enjoy your Thumpers :)

You can read a little more about Harriette's story here

 

No comments: